If you have a sister, do you get along with her?

I have two. One I try REALLY hard to get along with..but its A WHOLE LOT OF WORK,lol.
The other one, were a lot alike and get along well.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 7:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I have 3 older sisters. My Oldest and I get along great, we talk about 3-4 times a week. The other that's closest to my age talk about once a month or so, sometimes not that much. We get along fine, but live really far apart, and she's extremely busy with her job, and family. The second oldest Sister and I haven't spoken in more than 5 years, she feels she has the right to judge me for mistakes I have made in my life, and I don't live the kind of life that she approves of.. At least that's what I gather. Not sure how she came up with all of that considering she lost custody of her son over 10 years ago, and has never been a real Mother to him... I have 2 children she doesn't know, and I feel it's her loss, because they don't even know her... So there ya have it. I live by the fact that just because your related doesn't mean you have to be friends, or like the person they've become...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have a sister, and when we were growing up, we didn't always get along.  As a matter of fact, we fought often.  But, now that we are older, we get along really well.  I'm glad that we are close now, because she's going through a lot, and I am happy that I can be there for her.  So, yes, we get along.

My_Guys_Rule

Answer by My_Guys_Rule at 7:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I get along with my sister just fine - as long as she stays in Alabama and I only have to see her a few hours a year. (lol)
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 7:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have an older sister I get along with and my identical twin whom I DONT because she tried to murder me a few years back in front of her kid's. Family or no, I wont EVER be in a room with her EVER again!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have 1 full sister and one step sister. My mom and her dad actually got divorced when we were kids, but we still consider each other sisters.
    I do not get along with my "real" sister at all. She is 3 years older than me and we have nothing in common other than blood. We can't be in the same room together (even at holiday events) for more than 20 minutes before she says something rude to me.

My step sister and I get along great. We have more in common and understand and accept our differences.
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 7:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• no not really.. she tries to act like my mom i haven't talked to her in a few months
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm not sure if I'd consider her my sister or not.

My dad had a daughter with his ex-wife (LONG time ago, LONG before my mom), although he claims his father got some action and she's really HIS sister...(ugh, my dad...that's another story). She didn't even TRY to find us until she already had 3 kids (her oldest two were taken away from her by their father...I doubt she ever told us the truth, because they don't just take kids away from moms for no good reason). She had lived with us for a short while after finally finding us (I imagine she was just trying to use my parents...looking back now, I'm sure of it, as the only time she ever contacts my parents is if she wants something).

I have her as a "friend" on FB, but as to real relationship, we don't have one, and probably never will. She looks like she's a drug addict, and I won't have my kids around that crap.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have a half sister and we don't speak at all.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My half sister and I have not spoken since Christmas.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Me and my sister do not get along at all. We hardly talk ever. Because of this don't see my neace or nephew much. But me and my sil are bff. We life next to each other and talk all the time.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011