I homeschool my son and Im trying to find some good learning board games for him, any ideas?

My son is 4 so I need to get age appropriate games.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• uh oh cherrio! the board game with the cherry trees... I believe its for teaching counting. and now they have a new one that has different colors. I loved that game when I was younger.
    and pay day but thats money so I guess it depends on where your son is academically.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 7:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Not sure about board games, but starfall.com or funbrain.com are a couple good websites for him to play games, and learn as well..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Memory, Hi Ho Cheerio, Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land...all of them are great for his age. I loved playing 'em all when I was that age (except Candy Land, because I didn't know about it till I was already a teen!). I believe they say "5 and up", but really, if you think your son could do it, I'm sure he can!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• snacks and ladder teaches counting

child scrabble teaches spelling

pairs teaches memory

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 7:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My Son has the Melissa & Doug USA talking map puzzle & he plays with it every day. He knows all the states, the capitals & where they are on the map. He identifies each state with the name on each puzzle piece, he's 4 and it's amazing!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2011