My son wont drink milk.

My son is going to be 2 soon, for about 6 months he refuses to drink milk. He only wants juice. He'll take sips of chocolate milk but not regularly. Any advice.

sylvia559

Asked by sylvia559 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Keep putting less and less chocolate in his milk until he starts to drink it plain. Ovaltine is better than Nesquik or chocolate syrup also.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• would get rid of the juice you are serving your child. In my opinion it is far healthier to give fresh fruit than juice. Juice is very sweet in comparison to milk. I also would NOT give my child chocolate milk to entice him to drink milk; too much sugar and caffeine in chocolate. Kids go through stages of likes and dislikes, so try to offer other alternatives to milk in order to get needed vitamins and minerals. Cheese and yogurt are good options.
    Honneebee68

Answer by Honneebee68 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• start mixing his juice with water... gradually put more water in each day. it may not solve the problem completly but it seems like that would help. hopefully he won't notice!
    scarletsm0m

Answer by scarletsm0m at 4:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about him not drinking milk. My children were allergic to it, so I didn't give milk to them after they were able to eat food. They were completely off of milk by 12 months. I know of an EXCELLENT chewable vitamin for kids that has a patented delivery system so almost all of the minerals are absorbed. Send me a message if you want to know more and I would be glad to help you.
    MentorByDesign

Answer by MentorByDesign at 4:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Cow's milk is not really good for you anyway. Cow's milk was made for cows, not humans. We are the only species that drinks milk from another animal! Soy milk is much better for you, my kids really like it, The Very Vanilla flavor of Silk Soy Milk tastes like melted Breyer's vanilla ice cream, yummy! Proper nutrition is vitally important to everyone, not just children. The very best thing you can give your child is fresh fruits and veggies. Their preventative properties are astounding against degenerative disease. I rep for a company that offers the most researched product available. Check out my website to learn more. My ph number is on the website and yo can call if you have any questions. www.n2eznutrition.com There are thousands of medical professionals recommending this product to their patients and clients.

Just because you are not sick does not mean you are healthy.
    HealthyJPMom

Answer by HealthyJPMom at 10:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2008