Has society become this bad? Does this make me selfish?

I want to work because I am bored at home while the kids are at school. My friend told me any job I take I am taking away from someone who needs the money. Does that make me selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• no. it's better for you and your family. you will have more money to support them.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i dont think you are
    but you could allways do charty work if your worried about it
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 7:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No it dosnt. If the kids are in school and you want to work you SHOULD! Just because you have kid's dosnt mean you wouldnt like to feel useful or have the extra $ Your friend is an ass for suggesting your selfish for wanting to have a job.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You don't need or could use the money? I don't agree with your friend. If you want to work, do so.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No, I don't think so especially if you work part time . Remember , there are always mismatches in the labour market - some people unable to find jobs, some employers unable to fill vacancies - even during times of higher unemployment
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• nothing wrong with working because you want to
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Ugh, none of her effing business. And I'm sure you could find use for the good money!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No. IMO~Your friend is being an idiot. I started my own business that allows smaller businesses to contract me to do work they used to employ people to do. When the economy crashed, companies downsized. Now, they don't have to pay benefits, health care, office space, office materials (computer, software, etc) to employ someone. They contract me. I don't need the money, but I LOVE my career.. It's smart business.

Op, if you can provide a service or perform the duties of a job better than someone else and GET hired? KUDOS to you!!!!! Regardless of another applicants "situation"
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No not at all.
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 7:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No it does not make you a selfish person. Is this a good friend of yours?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011