Do you hate someone? (Vent) adult content

I do, and I'm ashamed to say that.
My best friend of 12-13 years died. We parted ways around 20ish...she was running with the wrong people, then I moved states away, but we still talked via phone and email. She died of an oversdose. I don't blame him for her taking whatever...
but, when he gave a statement to the police, he said he couldn't get her to respond to simple things and wanted to let her sleep it off. 14 hours later he calls her mom and ask if her mom could come check on her. When he mom got there, she was dead.
She had been dead for 10 hours....
And I can't forgive him for that, I can't. I hate him.

I got word that he overdosed the other day and the only thing running through my mind is not to let that piece of shit die. That way he could wake up everyday and have the guilt eat him alive.

I'm just so mad...bah.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• You have every reason to be mad, and I don't see what is so bad about hating that person. Just don't let the hate take over your life.
    I'm sorry for the loss of your friend *hugs*
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 7:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm so sorry that this happened.  I know that you are angry, but, I hope that you can eventually forigve him.  Yes, he did wrong, he should have known better, but I'm guessing he was on drugs too?  I am super sorry that this happened, and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.  Time will heal your wounds, promise.  Hang in there.  ((hugs))

My_Guys_Rule

Answer by My_Guys_Rule at 7:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• hugs

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• first of all let me start by saying that i am so sorry for your loss. Losing a friend to something that horrible is never easy to get over. But if you carry this hate around in your heart for him then he wins. He wins in the sense that you think about him and what he did to you and your friend and that will eat at you every day and rob you of the one good thing you have left of you and your friends realtionship---memeories. Take it one day at a time and just remember the good things and times that you and her had. don't let the hatred get the best of you, i know easier said than done. Maybe you should take out a notebook write down everything you would say to him get it all out and then burn it and be done with it. Only do this when you feel you are truly ready to let it go tho.. and again i am sorry for your loss and i will be praying for you
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• you have every reason to feel like that, just remember that it isn't completely his fault your friend put herself in that position. In the end the Lord is the only one who can judge. The Lord can forgive, so why can't you?
    ajmcheath

Answer by ajmcheath at 8:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I know this is a stupid question, but did he KNOW she od? Maybe he didn't know and just thought she was "sleeping it off."

I am really sorry for your loss and please don't let the HATE consume you, it will make you miserable. And no, you DON'T have to forgive him.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• hugs sorry for your loss and that was so wrong of himm...coward
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I try to protect my karma and hate the behavior not the person

Answer by admckenzie at 8:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am sorry for your loss. To answer your question, I wouldn't say I hate someone, but I do despise and loathe my former best friend. About 8 years ago, she found out that her DH was having an affair, and she was so jealous of my marriage and that my DH never did that to me, she betrayed me by spreading vicious rumors about me and DH. I'm a firm believer in karma, and know that one day, she will get back everything bad she did to me! I hope I live long enough to see it happen!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• im so sorry for ur loss its understandable why ur upset
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011