Do you have a superstition when waiting to hear back from a job?

My husband was out of work for about 3 weeks last year and while looking for a job, I encouraged him not to tell people about the interviews until he got the job. He interviewed a lot but didn't listen to me and told his parents about each one. Then he got an interview at the job he has now but it was during the Jewish Holidays so his parents were unavailable by phone so he wasn't able to tell them or anyone. He got the job. I tell him it's because he didn't tell anyone. He thinks my superstition about getting a job is crazy. Do you have any?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I just got the job I wanted today - I didn't tell anyone I interviewed except my husband - I'm superstitious like that too.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 8:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I do not believe in superstition. If the job meant to be for him, it will be, no matter who knows about it.
    rainha

Answer by rainha at 8:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Im very superstitious!!!!! totally agree!!!!
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Silly as it may seem, I'm a little superstitious about new jobs and weddings. Before me and DH were married, we didn't tell anyone about it except for the family and our best man and maid of honor. When DH and I were looking for new jobs, we didn't tell anyone! It worked very well for us! Good luck!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011