New baby

im scheduling my c section tomorrow i am currently 38 and 1/2 weeks pregnant. i was wandering what things did you use right when u got home. i am breast feeding hopefully but just want to make sure i have everything ready for her. i just keep feeling like im missing the little things

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• receiving blankets, socks, onesies, crib/bassinet, nursing pads (for you), nipple cream (for you again), diapers, wipes, hats, diaper cream, powder, hooded towels.. i had a changing mat that I used with a receiving blanket over it for sponge baths the first little while... baby wash...
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 8:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• A&D ointment, Rubbing Alcohol, q-tips, MAXI PADS, a boppy pillow. If you don't have it send someone to get it. No biggie.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 8:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• When I had my ds, I had to have an emergency c-section, but after I slept for a while. The hospital had to give him a bottle, but after that he never wanted to breast feed. As much as I tried.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• as Kimberly pointed out, often hospitals will bottle feed if mom has to sleep off the pain killers. Baby often has a hard time latching afterwards because the bottle is easier to feed from. If you have an issue with this, you can request that a medicine cup be used to feed the baby, which will help prevent latch confusion. My son was a month early via c-section and had a short tongue so he didn't latch right away, the nurse gave him a medicine cup to sip from, and he sipped at it with no problem.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011