What will i need when I come home?

I am being induced on Monday and I am not sure what I will need for supplies when I get home. I know I'll need pads for the bleeding but what else besides people to help me, moral support and food.

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The hospital gave me witchhazel pads to put on top of the pads in my underwear. They were wonderful.
    Anonymous

• for u and the baby or just for u?
    for u, u will need lots of pads for the bleeding, lot of confeey cloths, if u brestfeeding, nursing pads mabe someone to help you for a few days while u adapt
    Anonymous

• make sure u have some diapers and wipes, also nipple cream and nursing pads, and some comfy sweat pants!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• A coffee maker and some stool softeners (they should give you these in the hospital). Also, all baby will need is diapers, wipes, onesies, blankets and a bassinet. I recommend having some bananas and microwavable dinners. Fresh fruit, veggies, and easy to make foods are a must. Have a small amount of formual around just in case breast feeding doesn't go as planned right away. Congratulations and Good Luck!!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• You will need lots of pads (i got big pads from the hospital, because those small ones you get at every drug store arent really worth a damn after you gave birth lol).
    Diapers
    Whipes,
    Nursing pads
    Nursing bra
    -if you dont breastfeed (you wont know if you are able to until you give birth!), then make sure you will have formula and bottles at home.
    Other than that you should have plenty of food and drinks for yourself at home.
    Make sure you are only wearing comfy clothes

I wish you good luck and dont forget: when your baby is asleep, you should get some sleep too!! :)

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Swaddling/recieving blankets, waterproof pads (to go under a sleeping baby and on the changing table since), and breast pads were the top things on my must have list. Also, make sure you have something to put the baby in. I wanted to hold him all the time, so I put him in a sling (there are huge benefits of babywearing, check out the many groups for more info) but have someplace safe to lay/sit him down too when you need a break. Boppy sells a little papasan chair that is great and it is fairly cheap at Target. It comes with a little music box that we used well until he was one.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 11:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Well, for you I'd make sure you have Nursing pads and bras, nipple cream, wipes(you may be sore down there and wipes are better than toilet paper), lots of pads, try to prepare as many meals as you can and freeze them, it's really a HUGE help to have food ready!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• If you're breastfeeding: quick nutritious snacks like mentioned above, nursing pads, lanolin, a nursing bra with support (but not underwires), and the phone number of your lactation consultant at the hospital (or at least the nurses desk at the hospital nursery) for late night breastfeeding questions. You will need a LOT of support, preferably another mom who breastfed who can help you and baby get the latching down right and maybe let you get a shower while baby's sleeping. I also recommend a peri-care bottle if you have vaginal delivery (its a little squirt bottle you'll want to keep right next to bathroom sink to fill w/warm water to sooth you after potty trips). And, I couldn't live w/o witchhazel pads to rub myself with after using the bathroom (its a natural anesthetic to sooth the pain down there).
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2008