The things we do...

for our children :) We are struggling financially so bad right now, I have been sitting here for 4 hours rolling pennies to get the money for the deposit to get our power cut on in the house we are fixing to move into. I smile because I think of the sacrifices we make for our little ones without even thinking or realizing it. My son is running around saying he wants a leaf blower for his birthday and I'm thinking "I am having a hard enough time getting us a home." But I know when it comes time for his birthday I will find a way to sacrifice and get him his bubble leaf blower that he may play with one time then throw it down lol. The only reason we even have a computer is because someone gave me a really old school laptop they were going to throw away and I can pick up on someone's wifi lol and after we move I won't even have that, or cable, or anything, but I will have a home for my children :) I think of all the things my parents sacrificed for us and it makes me so greatful now that I know how hard it is. As a mother fun for me is getting together with my best friend and her kids and going to the park or Sam's. I enjoy bathing my son and tucking them in more than sitting around at night watching TV or going out. When I have extra money I think of something special I could take him to do instead of buying that outfit or shoes I really wish I could have. It is all so worth it at the end of the day when they look at you and say "Mommy...Guess What? I love you!"

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Can I bump this a hundred times!?! Thank you for posting this. I'm sure it was hard to write it. You're definitely not alone. My husband makes just over minimum wage and we're barely making enough to pay rent for our apartment; a two bedroom that is too small for our family. We're making it work though and even though every day is a challenge, it's getting better all the time. Not because we're making more money or anything. It's getting better because my youngest is starting to interact more and more and she is starting to call me "mommy." Pretty soon she'll be telling me she loves me and I can hardly wait to cherish every moment between now and then. :)
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Awwwww that was a super sweet post mama....hope things get easier for you but it's nice to know that you have perspective
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Kids are always worth it. I know my parent sacrificed a lot for us. And there isn't a thing that I wouldn't do for my kids, even when their all grown up. Hope your luck gets better.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• They do make all the sacrifices worth it; they love us unconditionally. Sorry you are going thru such a hard time right now. Hoping your situation changes soon. I once spent an entire day counting and rolling pennies, ended up with 50+ dollars I think..
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• You're sweet & a good Mom ; )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• you are an amazing mommy. I wish that every mom in the world thought like you and I do.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Good for you keeping your priorities in line and not giving up! It will be worth it and in a few years things will level out and get easier financially. A new house is always a strain on the wallet, but you are making good decisions that will pay off!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Its nice to know you can even get him his own house the other things dont matter. I mean to us they dont because we know how to live with out them but the lids dont not yet any ways they think we should just have their for them and we should but things happen in life. Look at it like this you guys are healthy you have each other and now a new home so thats all you need. We all have to go through some thing hard to make us stronger its different for every one but we get through it. Its so true when we do find a way to get the things our kids want when its like their b-day or x-mas and its weird that we went through it our selfs as kids then we do it again as adults not that we plan it life is just. I know every thing your talking about been there and done that. You will get through because god never gives us any thing we can not handle.We may think at the time we cant get deal with this but some how we do.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• tell me about it i go with 100 times over and sometimes dont have lunch because the kids need something

ok i have it a bit harder as i have a birth mother watching my every move as i'm raising her kids she thinks its her place to tell me i don't spend enough money on them yet get this she pays nothing toward there keep or buys then anything expect birthday and xmas gifts

and yes i spend lots on them they go to lots of after school clubs and days out have Nice's toys and always have lots of stuff on there birthday and xmas from us . they niver go with we just can always afford the big brand names but half the time i get much nicer stuff that's better quality

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 8:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011