How can I motivate myself to clean my house???

It isn't a wreck or anything. I just need to know how I can possibly motivate myself to do the daily stuff. What are your "daily chores?"

ACL2007

Asked by ACL2007 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I read a fantastic article on motivation a while back. Focus on your desk or kitchen counter or bathroom vanity or whatever is your first choice of task to complete. Then imagine it all clean and tidy and think how you will feel when the job is done. Estimate how long the task will take. And make a decision. Either do it or chose not to. Either way, you do what you WANT to do. If you think the reward or a clean what-ever and the satisfaction of doing it is good enough, then you do it. If it's not, you don't. You win, either way, because you've made a decision to do it or to not.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My daily chores are... whatever I want them to be. lol. If laundry looks like its piling up, I'll do a few loads. If my sink is full, I'll do the dishes. If my son makes a mess on the floor, I take that opportunity to clean the whole floor. (that happens a lot). If papers are piling up, I'll sort them out. It just whatever is getting on me nerves about my house at the moment is what I'll fix.. It's a terrible system, but I've lost so much energy due to this pregnancy!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 8:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have to force myself to shut the computer, put on some music, and get out the cleaning supplies.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I do the dishes, laundry and general maintenance, but I have cleaning ladies that come every other week to do the heavy cleaning. Shhhh.. Don't tell hubby
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 8:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Pretend someone you haven't seen in a long time is coming over. Getting a shower first thing in the morning helps to motivate me. For some reason when I'm lounging around in PJ's I just "feel" more lazy.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I make a list of everything i want to do in each room of the house. Than, I chose a day to work on one room, and put a check mark on the things i got done in that room, once it is done it feels great, and than i think about the next room/
    rainha

Answer by rainha at 9:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Just tackle 3 tasks today. Then tomorrow do another three tasks.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• @ wanderingmuse... i'm jealous! send them to my house lol
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 8:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Try the flylady program at flylady.net

SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 8:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I pick up the living room every day when I get home from work. I also do dishes, laundry, sweep and clean the bathroom.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011