Does your breastfed baby do this?

I have a 5 month old daughter that is exclusively breast fed. She is a good eater and even though it took me and her a while to get the hang of it, she latches right on now no problem. The question I have is when she's done nursing. She will pull of the breast and just scream at me. I know she's not still hungry because if I try to latch her on again she screams even more. She doesn't do this all the time, but when she does it is very frustrating! I feel like that just might be her way of telling me she is done. Does anyone else's baby do something similar?

08MrsAllen

Asked by 08MrsAllen at 8:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is also 5 months and exclusively breastfed and he also does that sometimes. He seems to do that when he needs to burp so I will sit him up and he will burp and then he will go back to eating if he's still hungry. He also seems to cry out when he is tired and just wants to sleep. It took me a bit to figure it out too. It also took him a few months to learn to latch and I was using a nipple shield until he was about 3 months old.

Now this is what my son does but I am not sure if this is why your daughter is doing the screaming but I just wanted to share my experience on why my son screams. She maybe uncomfortable for some reason. Maybe bring this up to her Pediatrician or speak with a lactation specialist.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 9:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Babies mean biz when it comes to "their" boobies & booby time they love it and are passionate about it. I think thats cute. I think I remember my boy doing that. She is just expressing something ; ) enjoy.....I miss bf my babies.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My baby did that but he has acid reflux so if by scream you mean crying her head off then it might be gas or some indigestion discomfort, its not fun! GL
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 12:49 AM on Apr. 6, 2011