A lot of pressure in my pelvic area like baby has been pushing down (hard) for the past 4 hours or so... does this mean anything?

I am 38 weeks tomorrow... 5 days ago i was 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced... he has "dropped", his head has been down for maybe 2 weeks... i have felt him push down before and yea it hurts a bit, but now it seems like he is staying down, and pushing down often these past few hours, hurts me when he does... does this mean anything? or he just pushing down so much for the hell of it?

sunnyday2011

Asked by sunnyday2011 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be anything. During the last days, every little thing your body does is soooo noticable.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Totally normal mama. He's just getting into position for birth :) Good luck!
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 9:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• He's just probably getting ready for his big day. I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless it gets too unbearable or water breaks.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 9:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Hmmm,. I say get your bags packed! You're about to be a mama (or a mama again)! - either way, congratulations!!
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 9:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011