Freeze pay for Military?

I keep hearing back and forth on this. Anyone know whats going on with Military pay and if its being freezed for any amount of time or was this a rumor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• My neighbor mentioned this to me. Her hubby is in the military...sad if true
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• That is our only income along with most of the other families in my neighborhood. How do they expect us to pay our bills if they aren't paying us? I'm so scared.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• "It remained unclear Tuesday whether 1.4 million active-duty troops will receive paychecks on April 15 as a top Pentagon spokesman said the Defense Department continues work on plans for a possible government shutdown on Friday."

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Ok I read the rest of that article. It sounds like worse case, we have to wait until an agreement on spending is made and then we'll receive pay after that. Thank God for a nest egg.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would like to know too. I haven't heard a clear answer on this yet.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 9:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I know my husbands reserve unit is possibly cancelling next months uta...ridiculous isnt it?
    We do have a paycheck coming though..ladies check with mypay.com its a military site and allows you to see checks,dates to deposit and amopunts. Remember this in 2012 when its time to vote!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 2:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• This is a list of what will be affected.
    http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/04/politics/interactive.govt.shutdown.list/index.html?hpt=T2
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2011