Shaking ?

Last week my aunt was holding my 6 month old daughter and said that she was shaking. When I walked over to them , she wasnt shaking at all from what I could tell. Tonight, sitting in her high chair I noticed her shaking as if she were cold. Not like quick shivers, but really cold shaking. I checked her body and she is not cold at all. She is acting fine and normal. Does anyone know what this is ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son does that sometimes too. I'm not sure what causes it. Maybe they get a tingle or something..you know when you have something that tickles, you shiver a little too.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• my 21 month old did this when she was 3-5 months old. the doctor said is was basically her nervous system misfiring as practice to communicating with her brain. she outgrew it and it was not dangerous at all. her legs would especially shake.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Both of my boys did that from time to time during there first year when they first woke up.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• In my baby book, it says that it happens to a lot of babies during their first year. Their nervous system is still practicing for basic motor function. If it freaks you out too bad, call your pedi.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Thanks alot! That makes me feel alot better! It was never anything too bad... it just seemed really weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Nov. 30, 2008