Play nice

Mom what do you do when your kids are not getting along with each other while playing together?

I have my two middle kids who like to play with each other but one is a boy and the other is a girl you know how boys can get mean and not want to play with you any more. They were fine playing outside in the mud then ds wanted to start throwing mud at dd and so she left and played some where else. DS started talking to her again and they both for got what happen and started playing together again. So what should i do let them work it out on their own or i work it out for them?

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• seems like they got over so you should too...my sister and i use to literally try to kill each other...if they are working it out theirselves then I wouldn't be worried
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 9:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Always try to let them work it out between themselves. it teaches them that mommy isnt always going to be there to solve there problems. It helps them to problem solve on their own and realize the diffrence between right and wrong. your motherly insincts will always kick in and you will know when to help solve a problem. .. like when it gets out of hand. but as far as little spats.. see what they can do for themselves and with eachother. good luck mama!!
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Let THEM work it out, it will help them in relationships later in life too.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Wow and just a second ago i was pulling my daughter off my son! I wish mine would play like this! lol
    Anonymous

• My girls have their ups and downs. Unless it is an unfair fight, I typically don't intervene until it becomes "my problem". If they are fighting over a toy, I think they have figured out not to bring it to me to sort out...I have very little interest in getting to the bottom of it...I just take the toy away. I know it sounds mean, but they are 2 and 5 and have figured out ways to share so they can keep their junk! LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Thanks mom's i just wanted to know if it was good to be able to let them work it out and not be always having to get my self in voled. I also didnt want to be like i didnt care ether and just let my kids fight with each other so now i know you guys let your work it out even if they are younger.
    butterflies78

Comment by butterflies78 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Apr. 6, 2011