A little confused...PIOG

So, my DH and I have been trying to concieve baby#2 for almost 6 months. I normally have abnormal periods with my cycles ranging from 23-25 days. Well all of the sudden my last 2 cycles have been 28 days. On Weds, 11/29 I woke up to AF. Thurs it was a little heavy (no cramps or anything). But Fri, NOTHING! I am not kidding, I woke up at 3 AM to go shopping and there was nothing and when I went to bed around 11pm last night, still nothing. I even used tampons just in case and all were still white! Well this morning I woke up a there it was! WTH!?? I don't understand! Why? I am still bleeding.... am I having 2 periods? Any answers will be helpful. I have a doctors appt on 12/8 to make sure that I am ovulating. Pleas don't be rude. Thanks again.

TiffanyReed

Asked by TiffanyReed at 11:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• what do you mean your cycles are irregular? If they are just irregular by varying in length that would not be considered irregular. It is completely normal for your cycle to be different lengths. Especially if you are stressing with TTC. Again with the bleeding could be stress or hormones. I would also go to www.fertilityfriend.com and start charting your temperatures if you aren't yet. you can always pm me if you have any questions about it.

duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have been charting since July. i guess I had always thought that anything less than 28 days were considered irregular.
    We stopped "trying" and having sex at certain times and just started having sex whenever the mood comes up, so I have no idea. I just thought I would see if anyone expirienced anything similar or had any advice. Thanks
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 12:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I had a period one time (the month before I got pregnant, actually) that started out with a couple of days that I can only term "heavy spotting", since it wasn't quite heavy enough to be considered a period, but it was a lot more than what most people would consider spotting; then a day of nothing, then my period started in earnest. The only thing I can figure is that it was because that was an anovulatory cycle. If you know for sure that you ovulated, then that's obviously not it, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I started my period July 8th. Then again July 23rd. I found out I was pregnant Aug 18th. So maybe it does have something to do with ovulation. GOOD LUCK!

Mom2Girls83

Answer by Mom2Girls83 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2008