My son has the flu..

hes 3 months old and hes been coughing really badly and it sounds as if hes wheezing i've taken him into the hospital and they said hes passing air and hes fine....
he sometimes seems as if hes having trouble breathing
and he is also on an Apnea monitor but not for Apnea....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Health

• That the hospital says that he's fine is encouraging. If you can't reach your pediatrician, and if you are concerned, maybe you should take him back?

Answer by Bmat at 11:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My 3 month old son is doing the exact same thing right now, although I don't think it's the flu. My pedi. has me giving him breathing treatments at home to help open up his nasal passages for better breating. She also tested him for rsv but he was neg. She said there are alot of little ones coming in with this right now and because of his age it will probably linger on for awhile and just to call if anything changes. I also rub vicks on his chest and use saline for his nose. Let me know if you find out anything else.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 11:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2008