Does your SO get more freedom than you?

Hubby gets to go out on a regular basis to hang with friends while I haven't gone out without the kids or him since our first (of 3) was brn 5 years ago. Who else is in a one-sided relationship? =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• It certainly feels that way sometimes, but I am a SAHM, and I think it sort of comes with the territory. I know that some of my feelings come from the fact that he isn't tied to the house and he gets out everyday, even if it is just to go to work. He understands completely, though, which I am grateful for, and tries to get me out of the house whenever he can. I'm such a homebody, though, because I have been here so much! lol It's completely my issue, and I try VERY hard not to take out my frustration on him, and when I do, I apologize pretty quickly. He does what he can, and he works hard so that I can be a SAHM for our kids.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:06 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• DH and I just got into an argument about this. Sorry in advance if this gets long. He goes out, I have no issue with 1-2 times a month. He works hard and its a good bonding thing for him and his guys. That being said the deal was we each get to go out with our friends once a month. I've gone out 2 times. It was supposed to be 3 but I got in a wreck on the way and came home instead of going to a concert. He seems to think going to the bar and coming home at 5am is not only acceptable but that its the equivalent to me going to a friends house a mile away for 2 hrs. Its extremely frustrating and upsetting because #1 he has no business being out until 5am all the time and #2, I rarely get out of the house. I'm a SAHM. At least he gets to go to work. I cant even pee alone.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• well mine chooses not to go but he gets to work to leave the house i never get away from the kids.. when i ask to go out he gets upset not fair lol
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i am sorry to hear that but i am lucky i guess to have a husband to be who does everything 50/50 we talk about almost everything with each other unless it has to do with one another and being a nice little surprise but maybe you could talk to him and explain how you are feeling
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yes! my dh has beers with the guys talks to adults while i sit here watching the kids cleaning the house and cooking dinners. but lil does he know his freedom will end to a point. to we can come to an agreement. i fell u hun xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• he sure as h*ll does and it isn't fair!
    2AwesomeKiddos

Answer by 2AwesomeKiddos at 10:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My dh works too much for that & then spends his free time with us & at home. I couldn't deal with that if its a regular thing, thats not fair.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes BUT he also has more friends that I do. Actually, I only have one now and she's always super busy so even if I wanted to do something I'd have nobody to do it with. But if we have a babysitter we will go do something together.
    Anonymous

• My husband wasn't like that. He was willing to watch the children for me to go out when I needed to, but neither of us went out without the family unless there was a reason. Guess you could say we were more about the family than about individual freedoms.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It wouldn't be one sided for long if my Hubby went out with friends etc without me. We don't have a marriage like that and I'm so thankful. We are a couple, therefore we do everything together when it comes to "going out"... I do have shopping days, and lunch with girlfriends, but that's it. He goes and works on vehicles at friends homes, but then he's right back home.
    I would get this taken care of now or it's just going to get worse. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2011