Son age 5 hasent been pooping right in 2 yrs....

now before anyone freaks please know i have been to the doctors so many times the doc must have a new boat.. 3xs a week 30.00 copays each time. anyways i switched his doc after the last one did nothing to help my son for over a yr. including refering him to a specialist ( they refused i called my insurence company and low and behold he was referrd )anyways new doc said to try 1 docolax and then 1/2 hour later drink a cetriate medicine.. she said this stuff is what they use to clean people out before a colonosipi..well needless to say it hasent worked he hasent passed anything! i repeated it again today...still nothing. i have tried everything. from meds. supositories, enamas, merilax, fiber glutton free, fruit, juices. am i missing something??!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Health

• Has he been tested for alergies? Some food alergies (if its a gastro-intestinal alergy) can cause problems with the digestive tracts functioning; from blood in the stool to diarreah to constipation, etc.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Is he getting enough water? 8 glasses a day is what they say. Id cut out any type of food that binds you up. Like cheese, bananas rice. Maybe even contact the Mayo clinic see if some specialist there could offer any suggestions or possible see my kid if I were you. Food allergy's are possible but Id be more worried about a bowel obstruction at this point. ONLY way to check that is with a upper and lower GI and they ARE NOT fun and NOT easy for an adult much less a small kid.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It may take a few days to a couple weeks to get the dosage just right for him but after years of constipation the best thing I have found that actually worked on a regular basis was a combination of fiber, water, and oil such as fish or flaxseed oil. Everyone needs these three nutrients for a healthy colon and to stay regular. How long does he go without expelling? Or maybe does he have some kind of blockage?
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• my girls have issues pooping when they have any sort of milk product... i would check into food allergies...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2011