OMG...I AM GETTING MILK ALREADY !!I AM ONLY 6 MONTHS IS THIS NORMAL ?

THIS IS MY FIRST PREGNANCY ! AND IM GETTING MILK ALREADY???
MY DUE DATE IS 10-26 AND I AM ALREADY GETTING MILK I HAD NO IDEA IT WOULD COME SO EARLY !!
ANY TIPS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO OR CAN DO OR EVEN WHAT TO EXPECT FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHS !?!
ANYTHING WILL BE HELPFUL..
THANKS

mattley07mommy

Asked by mattley07mommy at 12:58 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, totally normal. Go buy breast pads, they cost about 10 bucks a box, or try lillypads, which are reusable. Don't mess with it, don't try to stop it or anything. Its totally normal. Just be glad your baby will be well fed when it comes out!
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 1:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My clostrum came in around the same time when I was pregnant with my daughter. One night I woke up to my bed being soaked. I thought it was drool...LOL, but when I touched it.It was sticky. Come to find out my husband had been cuddling and his arm was pressed over my breasted. I had to start wearing breast pads.It's not a bad thing.As pp said your baby will be well fed when it comes out! That is if you are breastfeeding.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 1:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I would be careful with the lily pads though, they stop the flow completely, and CAN cause a plugged duct that will lead to mastitis, (I know people in my breastfeeding support group that it's happened to.) My favorite nursing pads are the Lansinoh ones. No plastic but they are pretty leak proof. And as the first answer said, be happy that your baby will be well fed when it comes out. The one thing about nursing pads though, is that you'll have to wear a bra to bed to keep them in place. A sports bra or sleeping/nursing bra is great. It's what I use at night.
    Moomie

Answer by Moomie at 1:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I have a little too... if it's not leaking, don't squeeze them or it'll start to leak. If you are leaking, just go buy some breast pads. It could come and go until you deliver, but either way it's normal.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• With my son I was 4 and a half months pregnant when my colostrum came in, drove me up the wall with all the leaking pre-baby, with this one I am only 13.3 weeks so who knows when it will come in
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 1:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I was 4 months when mine came in, Boo Boo. Just stock up on breast pads. You'll only use a one box during your pregnancy, but when your milk comes in you're gonna fly through them.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 11:36 AM on Jul. 10, 2008