Does anyone feel like they eat like a horse after having a baby? I could almost swearchild birth makes you eat more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Right after I had my baby I could swear that I would eat all I could and I would still be hungry. It was unbelievable to me that I would eat like that after eating like a bird almost my entire life.
    DellaF88

Answer by DellaF88 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• lol i eat like a horse regardless. but yeah the first few days after birth i just could not get enough to eat
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Seriously. lol. My husband has asked if I was pregnant again like 5 times already. He said he's never seen me eat this much.
    Anonymous

• Could be from where your stomach was all squished up in the last few months of pregnancy. Also, if your breastfeeding, you're burning EXTRA calories you weren't burning before. And labor does a lot of wear and tear on the body. You're healing AND caring for a newborn! Your body is doing LOTS of work, and needs all the fuel it can get right now!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i hate hospital food and for the 3 days i was there i ate the food like i would never eat again. i was so hungry plus i was bf. so yeah i guess you can say it does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• YES!!!! I was looking to make sure that I'm not the only one!! I was a very picky eater when I was pregnant and really didn't eat that much, and now, my baby's 3 weeks old and I feel like I AM eating like a horse! Thank you. I am allowing it for now just because it's still soon after childbirth, but I AM going to have to get this under control and out of my system!
    Anonymous