I want to smack her !!!

My cousin is 17 weeks pregnant and has already gained over 20 pounds ( which her DR. wasn't too happy with ) . Since she has gained so much and she is so short she just looks heavy and not pregnant, so she has been telling people that it is twins and I really think she was hoping for them lol.

She found out today she is having a little girl ( just one ) and made her facebook status say : Well there is just one, and it is a girl.

How happy does that sound ? Of course she has spent her whole pregnancy so far complaining about everything, so I guess it isn't a shock that she spend the whole car ride home complaining about this too... I JUST WANT TO SMACK HER !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• :( every baby a blessing its a shame she is not exstatic thats she getting a wonderful baby girl hopefully she will be soon
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 9:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• that would irritate me but i wouldn't want to smack her... i would just try to tell her how blessed she is
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• When I see/hear people whom are acting like you just described your cousin to be it's usually best to figure out why you're really annoyed and deal with that. She's probably having some emotion that is causing her to act out in the way she is. The next time she starts with her complaining try saying something positive about her situation and see how she reacts. Maybe she's just crying out for attention. This about how she usually acts in most situations..in the same dynamic? What sort of person is she, insecure and overly opinionated...etc. Just be patient and kind and don't focus on her weaknesses.
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 9:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• this is how she is with everything... EVERYTHING.

She is almost 30 years old she needs to wake up and smell the formula !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Encourage her to take care of herself and leave it at that. Don't get so involved if she makes you so mad. Pregnancy hormones make everything worse. Hopefully she'll get more into it as things progress more and the exciting arrival gets closer. Good luck to her. And no smacking, lol. As I tell my twin 3 year olds, hitting isn't nice ;)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• i would never hit her, or anyone ---- I would just like to. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I would want to smack her as well! It is a real blessing to even be able to have a baby at all! What a shame :(
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2011