Is anyone getting a little annoyed by some of the ads?

I realize that cafemom makes their money from advertising but their ads have completely changed. They use to be ads about the latest product that moms/women use. Now, I keep hearing "You have won" and seeing flashing lights that could send an epileptic into a seizure. I just saw one ad that had boobs with a zipper that was going down. Cafemom- please bring back the respectful ads. I can't even get on cafemom when my son is in the same room anymore! Anyone else with me on this?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Get an ad-blocker mama and problem solved! Just google whatever browser you use, plus the word 'ad-blocker' and it should take you to the site you need to download. I know for a fact firefox, chrome, and safari all have one.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Anyone else with me on this?

--
    Kinda.
    Actually, CM makes money off of you. They keep records of how long you are online, where you go, how often and what time you logon, and your responses. It is then used as a marketing tool when negotiating fees for advertising with these companies. By saying they have 2 million members that average one logon a day, and 60 minutes of viewing between 1 and 3 pm, they can charge more with this information. The voting gives members affirmation, and a reason to keep coming back by feeling like their comments are heard. People really like to know they are being heard. And they get more views by allowing members to place judgement on others. They are making money off of you my dear, not just the advertising.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Thank you Nanixh. I was able to download an ad blocker. While it doesn't block everything it helps.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• geez, I haven't seen the boob one. but omg the one at the bottom left of the screen, I'm always clicking it by accident it drives me CRAZY
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I really dont mind the adds..some body gotta make a $$ some how off of it or it wouldn't be here...lol
    doula-mom25

Answer by doula-mom25 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I HATE the ad's and personally I will NEVER EVER buy any product that is a pop up ad on the computer annoying the hell out of me. Iv developed the mouse skills to never mouse over the annoying ad's here.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The Walgreesn ad covers up half of the screen! THAT really annoys me.
    And I won't buy the products either,after being irritated by seeing them all the time,covering everything up. SO pointless....they are losing me as a customer,that's for sure!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• lol, I had no idea, I am new to cafe mom so I thought this was just how it was on this site..........
    lola760

Answer by lola760 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011