Does anyone have restless arm/legs while they are pregnant only?

I get the worst restless arm/leg at night when i go to sleep. I can go to sleep but only for 1-2 hours then I wake up and my arm is "restless". I have to get up and fold laundry...do anything to get it moving and then usually I can go back to sleep but it sucks. Any remedies that anyone knows of to help alleviate this?

Mrsorr

Asked by Mrsorr at 9:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh god I had restless legs during my 3rd trimester and I thought I was going to go nuts! I never found anything that worked for mine, but I have heard that putting a bar of Ivory soap under your sheets by your legs is supposed to help. I didn't try it, I just remember reading it on some random website after I had my baby.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Thanks nanixh! It happened to me when I had my son Caden but this time it is a LOT more annoying! I'll try the soap and see what happens. My hubby will think I'm nuts!
    Mrsorr

Comment by Mrsorr (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I occasionally get restless legs when I'm not pregnant but I get a terrible case when I'm pregnant. With my last pregnancy I did some reading on it and started getting extra calcium and magnesium in my diet and it helped tremendously. I also think doing yoga was a big help. I just recently read a blog post on restless legs maybe it'll help you out a little more.

http://www.drmomma.org/

I hope you get some relief I know how frustrating it is!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Thanks jupiter84, I'll read and try anything. Stretching does help so maybe i'll start going back to yoga, my balance is so bad right now I'll probably fall over! Also, where did you get your magnesium from primarily?

Mrsorr

Comment by Mrsorr (original poster) at 7:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011