How can I get my 4-year old to sleep in his own bed?

imani66

Asked by imani66 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Be persistent and patient. I made the mistake of letting my oldest sleep with me until he was 3 and it was a pain to get him to sleep in his own bed. I kept having to put him back to bed when he tried to come back to my bed. Maybe put a night light in there.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Put him to bed, walk out and make him stay in there. If you have to sit outside the door then that's what you need to do. If it takes a wekk then it does, if it takes a month then that's what you have to do.

I have always kept a routine with our boys. Bath at 7pm, story, and then lights out at 8pm. Every night no matter what.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Thank you for your comments. I have 3 kids and he is the only one that I am having this problem with.
    imani66

Comment by imani66 (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011