Sahm

does any stay at home moms ever wish they worked?? to help out pay more on bills or just to even get out of the house? just curious

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I've been a SAHM for a mere 6months. From Urban living to rural living in the same 6mos too. While I miss humans, and often feel socially inept (poor cashiers that work day shift), I like my new job so much better. Of course, it would be nice to not have to cook every now and again. Me being home saves us money. If you need to get out, then get out. Many work part-time. Some others join clubs, but do what is right for you and your family. No one should be unhappy.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I do at times. My DH and and I currently live check to check so I'd LOVE to bring in money. But when I get to think about it I cant imagine leaving my daughter <3
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 9:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Not really. I love being home with my kids and I don't think I could leave them all day for 5 days a week. I would miss them too much and feel guilty.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Nope. I absolutely LOVE being a SAHM!!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yes i do i used to work before i was pregnant then after my second baby i decided to take time for my family and will hopefully go back to school then hopefully go back to work
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes. I didn't realise it, but I was offered a job that fell through at the last minute. Part time, 15 hours a week, flexible , work from home, money- their loan fell through. I was suddenly aware that I'd love to work. Now that they're a little older. Maybe not full time, but doing something I was really good at, feel better spending the money, having something to talk to non-SAHMs about... yes. I would have liked it.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• at times when the bills pour in, but I quit my job of 15 yrs to stay home it made more sense financially & don't want anyone else raising my kids thats the choice we made before having kids & love it.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• hell Noooooo.

Ive been sahm'ing for 16 yrs and I have NEVER wanted to go back to work... I cant even imagine the stress of doing ALL that I do PLUS work.

I would never have had children when we did if we couldnt have afforded for me to stay home so bringing in money has never been an issue.

And if you are board, lonely, or dont leave the house then you simply are choosing to do so... the is NO way a sahm could be board... there are SO many people you meet, so many volunteer opportunities and SO much to do that if THAT is your issue.. it is your choice.

Anonymous

• I work 2-3 days a week. It's great for us. I wouldn't do it if my son was younger than 2 though.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• yes , I do
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011