Bad mouth

ok i have 2 kids and my hubby has the worst mouth i have ever heard he cusses all the time and i hate it so bad i have told him time and time again to stop i have even told him i was going to leave but yet he wont stop and what bothers me the most he said GD and i tell him at least 20 tmes a day dont use GODS name in vain what can i do to get him to stop

mama2305

Asked by mama2305 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• He should respect you enough to stop, but if he's not, then there isn't much you can do. It's kinda like leading a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 10:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Does he realize that children GROW-UP to become what they live--hear--watch? Teachers at my DD's school were talking about how they know exactly what a child's home-life is like by how they behave at school. Whether that be cursing, lack of manners, table manners, dis-respect, bullying, whatever --- Is that seriously what he WANTS for his kids?
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• im know and its hard i have told him so many times to watch him mouth around the kids and the thing about it is the wasnt raise to
    talk like that if he just wouldnt say GD i could mite over look the rest hes a good guy most of the time and i really hate to
    leave him over this but i cant let my kids grow up listen to him cursing all the time.....and yes i know he cuss b4 we got married
    but he didnt do it all the time just the last 6 months hes got really bad
    mama2305

Comment by mama2305 (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• He should realize that he cant be talking like that around little kids because they will start to talk just like him and you should have a serious talk with him explaining everything .
    anaybaybee15

Answer by anaybaybee15 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Swear jar! Start charging him money any time he swears around the kids! I'd also throw the nudge of 'swearing makes you sound unintelligent'. I'd suggest giving a list of euphemisms, but I have the feeling that wouldn't solve the problem either. (Though I do rather hear my dd say 'aw, coconuts!' instead of 'son of a b****'.)

Look on the positive side: At least your in-laws aren't intentionally /trying/ to teach your kids to swear because they think it's cute. Can't stand my SFIL... I never wanted to punch a grown man so much in my life.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 5:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2011