After having my daughter I'm stuck in sweats...

Now that my daughter is here all I wear is sweats, track pants, baggy t shirts, my hair goes up into a ponytail, (i havent had my hair cut since i had her and that was 7 months ago) and Im sure i forgot how to put makeup on. Since I still haven't lost pregnancy weighty I just feel fat and ugly, so I never get dressed up. I don't go anywhere so I really never saw the point in gettin dressed up or dressed in general. I really want to change my appearance, I think it will help me mentally also, but I don't know where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions?

cmjt

Asked by cmjt at 11:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i just got my hair cut, love it love it love it.... i just went shopping yesterday and my bf said that if i found anything for me, to buy it, and give it to him, and he would wrap it and put it under the tree... very happy about that... i lost about 75 lbs and have gained 25 back... i have basically no thyroid, and it sucks, cause im real active, so i know how it can feel to be in the blahs.... when i take my son out, even for a stroller ride, i dress up like i just got back from a casual lunch date.... makes me feel good..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My suggestion? Go get a haircut, a manicure, and pull something that you feel GOOD in out of your closet. Then go to a bookstore or coffee house and hang out there for a bit by yourself.
    A lot of the Mommy Mindset has to do with not getting out or doing anything, so make yourself get out. My hubby and I agreed that every Wednesday, if I want to (and his schedule allows), I can leave for a few hours and do whatever I want. If nothing else, it at least makes me put on clean clothes! :) But I make an effort to wear clothes I LIKE, put on makeup, and try to do something that makes me feel good.
    The time without the kid is just the bonus. ;)
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 4:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I just had my daughter a month ago. I gained 50 pounds while I was pregnant with her, but she was a nine pound baby. Anyways, I've just started trying to walk to start the whole weight loss started. Its easy and you can set your pace and do it whenever you want. Take the baby out in the stroller and if its too cold, take her to the mall. That way you can do some window shopping and get the exercise too.
    DellaF88

Answer by DellaF88 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Cont. And I agree you should get a haircut. Maybe get some stuff for an at home spa. Bubble bath and the works.
    DellaF88

Answer by DellaF88 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Boy, do you sound like I did after having my kids! Granted, my hair is still frequently up in a ponytail, but hey! that's the Mommy Hair-Do! LOL Try getting your hair trimmed, if you don't want a drastic new hairstyle. I always loved coloring my hair. Even if it's not "super noticeable", it will still boost your morale. I, personally, also found that watching movies/shows with "hot mamas" in them helped me to realize that moms could be sexy, too! While watching the show/movie, give yourself a mini-facial and mani/pedi! Feel beautiful, hon, you deserve it!
    PiggyBug

Answer by PiggyBug at 3:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• 1. Go get a hair cut. 2. find a neighbor who does Mary Kay- she can help you pick and choose and apply some great fall/winter colors. 3. Go buy a new pair of pants a shirt- you will feel better. 4. Have a date with your husband. 5. Have lunch with your best friend. 6. Read a great short book- it will give you a sense of accomplishment. 7. make sure you have YOUR favorite snack or ice cream around.
    Stay positive- I have done this 4 times.
    Cheers and Blessings
    Lynn
    phonemomma

Answer by phonemomma at 10:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• get your nails done, hair cut and dye, go for a walk, around the neighbord or at the mall. my son is almost a year and i felt the same way but once i got out of the house and did something for myself i felt alot better and maybe 4 months after having my son i bought myself 2 pairs of jeans, some tops and new bras but now i'm losing the baby by goign for walks around the neighbord and at work. every friday if i'm not working while my hubby take our son over his parent's house i will get my nails done if they need to be done. get my hair cut and come home dye it myself. go shopping or just hang home and relax.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I would get a haircut, even if it's just a quickie Supercuts job. Then I would try wearing jeans--they will "pull" you in and make you feel better than sweats. Then I would make an effort to put on makeup daily and do one nice thing for yourself, like putting on nicely scented body lotion. Start small, with baby steps, and you will be fine. I was the same way after my daughter was born, I think everyone goes through it--even Angelina Jolie! LOL
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 8:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I felt the same way after my youngest was born, he is my 3rd. I got a super sexy hair cut that I saw in a magazine, colored it and was feeling good, force your self to take it out of your pony tail mode even still if you have to wear it up, cause babies love pulling hair throw in some cute hair clips to give it a little style with out going over the top.Find clothes that fit your body type hey mama not everyone can "bounce back" find something special that makes you feel special also put the sweats away for awhile, or at least 2xs a week tell your self your not having a sweats day, I looked through any How to's with make up, just keep experimenting with diffrent styles... good luck and most of all have fun with it.
    my3kidsrock309

Answer by my3kidsrock309 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Go get pampered! Hair cut and style, maybe an eyebrow waxing, pedicure, manicure, and some thing comfy+cute, will help you feel better. plus, find some jeans that have some stretch to them. I have some DKNY jeans and they fit comfortably. Joe Boxer is also another good brand that has some stretch to them.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 10:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008