Did anyone really irritate you today? Misery loves company. VENT HERE!!!

So, my spring classes started already, and I went in a little annoyed already due to the fact that the college does not allow you to "test out" of classes at a graduate level, and I am now paying almost $2k to sit through a statistics course. Keep in mind that I have co-taught for over 2 years at a high school level, tutored students in statistics FOR THE COLLEGE, and have taken basically the same stuff as an undergraduate student already.

Anyway, we got the syllabus in an e-mail last week, and it says that she heavily values participation in class, and that it is given its own grade. Specifically, she wanted us to add "substantially" to the "depth and general knowledge of the class through exploratory questions and the sharing of personal experience".

So today, in class, in order to fulfill my participation, I asked if you could combine two sampling methods, a question I already knew the answer to, and she couldn't answer it. She looked through her teacher's manual for a few minutes, but couldn't answer a "first week question".

Please for the love of god, if you charge me $2k for a class AND make me sit through the sh*t...put someone who knows something in front of me.

I had to talk to her after class because I will be delivering my 3rd baby during the course, and she said "I'm concerned about how many lectures you will miss", and I really couldn't control my sarcastic laughter. I really couldn't.

I want to carve my eyeballs out...and get a refund. AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!

That makes me feel better...now I want to hear yours...who irked you today?

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Unfortunately, my 2 year old daughter!! She was an absolute pill this afternoon. My SO and I took her to Friendly's for dinner, and she was being unruly and loud. We cut the meal short and tried to make a quick getaway, but not before she starting loudly crying because we asked for her ice cream in a to go cup! UGH! Then she flipped out in the dollar store because we made her sit in the cart. I think she is just feeling the tension I'm experiencing because we're getting ready to fly to California tomorrow. All the packing, stressing about flying with her cross country, etc...Thankfully she's asleep. Hopefully tomorrow we can relax a bit before we head out to the airport.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Gotta love that stage. I've got a 2 year old too, and she is getting so naughty lately...stubborn...egh. Hope your flight goes well tomorrow!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My computer. I spent almost the whole day yesterday trying to get rid of a virus. I did everything I could think of. This morning I called A T & T to see if they could help. They told me they could, but only AFTER I signed up for a maintenance plan that's gonna cost me 15 bucks a month. I was on the phone with them for about 2 hours this morning. Ugh. They did remove the virus, but I can't afford that additional monthly cost that's going to be tacked on to my phone bill. I had to agree to a one year term.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• That definitely sucks. I know how irritating it can be. I need my computer for work and school, so I know your pain!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It irks me that my friend is still over in Iraq fighting in horrible circumstances with very little luxuries like good food or a comfortable bed and we have to listen to the news spewing crap about celebrities that do nothing but drink, solicit prostitutes and run their mouths, like Charlie Sheen. Why don't we hear more about our heros over there than the brats over here? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 4:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2011