Toddler hair loss/regrowth?

It seems like my 2 1/2 year old DD has new hair growing in. I can really tell by her bangs. She seems to be shedding a lot more than usual. Is this normal? Like when babies get "new" hair? Anyone have experience with this?

ariel08

Asked by ariel08 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Its normal hair growth. Everyones hair does it, not just toddlers. Absolutely nothing to worry about and I did study cosmetology so if anyone knew about this it would be a cosmetologist.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My DD did that when she was about 2.6! Iy was like she had a new, and shorter version, of her bangs! I was like ....huh? It has now caught up with the rest of her hair -- she is 3.9 :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Its normal, but don't use plastic band on the hair it will be pain over your kids.
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 2:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• well my son was the opposite, lost soooo much hair and months later he grew new hair, most patterns of hair growth are normal for babies lol. but if you do have concerns then visit your doctor to put your mind at rest :)
    seans_mummy

Answer by seans_mummy at 4:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2011