She was potty trained!!! What happend?

My 3 year old had gone almost two weeks during the day time with have extremly few or no acciendents during the day. My husband went on a weekend trip in which she stayed with her grandma, and still did very good with the potty training. As soon as she got home she started ignoring that she had to go. She has maybe made it two or three times in two or three days. Why do you think she has regressed? and what can I do to get her back on track?

MommyShannon90

Asked by MommyShannon90 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just be consistant. Keep doing what you were doing before. IMO, any little thing can trigger a "relapse" on potty-training. My DD has been potty trained since she was 2.5 (she is now 3.9) -- yet she had an accident the other day! I was like wth? But she was outside playing with friends and just didnt want to stop to potty! She will get it back mom!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• you made the mistake of going on a trip while potty training. kids need order, especially when there's changes, and going from a pullup/diaper to a potty is a BIG change. doesn't matter if she loves grandma, you left, and that's a change of her normal order/routine. just keep at it, don't push her or discipline her. she'll get there eventually.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011