What's the last really good book you read?

Please explain what made it good! Just one sentence at least - convince me! I'm looking for some interesting books to read and I trust your opinion....really!!!

Lola.Bee

Asked by Lola.Bee at 10:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Entertainment

• Water for Elephants. Great look into the depression era and traveling circuses of that time with a love story added in.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I really love the way she writes and I LOVED the ending!! It was just so.......I can't even put it into words. If you watched the movie the ending to that and the are WAY different and for me the one in the books is just so much better.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The Celestine Prophecy......it makes you think!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The Husband by Dean Koontz.

It's a great Thriller!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The disappearance of the universe by gary renard
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 10:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am close to the end of reading "The Shack" I cant really put into words..Its deffently a wow kind of reading (CHRISTIAN BOOK) I thik its a must read to see for yourself, you wont be let down.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• All That You Are by Stef Ann Holm.

I really liked the book. Love Romance!
    becken32

Answer by becken32 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• The Wedding by the same guy that wrote The Notebook. Can't remember his name. Darn.
    68catillac

Answer by 68catillac at 11:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• "Wish you Well" by David Balducci The setting in Mts of Virgina was cool and the tough old Grandma and family and friends helping each other, just liked it.
    Lil605

Answer by Lil605 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• 68catillac - that's Nicholas Sparks.

Sadly enough, I can't remember the last good book I read. The last few have been let-downs. I read The Road by Cormac McCarthy and These Things Hidden by Heather Somethingorother, and I hated them both. Also, I've been trying to read Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy for months. I just can't get into it enough to want to settle down and read. I'm a very quick reader, but I'm struggling with that one.

When all else fails, though, I have about 2 dozen Brenda Joyce and Kathleen E. Woodiwiss slutty romance novels I can settle down with. One of them by K.E.W, "A Rose In Winter" is literally held together by duct tape. I can't bring myself to throw it away and buy a new copy!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011