Bank accounts

Question: If someone has your bank account number + routing number can they withdraw funds from that account?

My husband and I filed taxes one last time as a married couple before our court date Tuesday. Well, little does he know, I am taking 2500.00 out of his share for a lawyer :) ** he got his lawyer already** On the tax return documents my savings account information is listed. I am worried about my husband errupting and withdrawing funds from my savings. ONLY my name is on the account. And, only I have a card to it.
Is it possible for him to steal money out of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• to be safe could you move it to a new account?
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Depends on how he tries to do it. Can he go to the bank & do it..probably not. They'd ask for ID. Could he use it over the internet to buy something? Probably so. He might be able to use it to put funds in a paypal account maybe. Not sure. So, I would contact the bank & alert them to potential fraud activity so they will contact you if someone tries to withdraw funds.
    Anonymous

• He could, but the fraud protection on your account will protect you.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am sure a hacker could figure out a way. I would transfer to a new account just in case. He SHOULDNT be able to -- but you never know these days!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'd talk with the bank and ask them

Answer by admckenzie at 10:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• anything is possible
    graceblessedmom

Answer by graceblessedmom at 11:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Call the bank and put a stop on the account so no one can remove funds from it using the routing #
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2011