Need help finding work/life balance...

I am a graphic designer and manager with almost 18 years experience. I am finishing up a temp contract position on July 1st. My daughter is starting full day kindergarten in the fall and I do not want to put her in after care (especially since she would have to be bused to a different school for it). I would like to be available to meet the school bus at 3:00.

I am primarily a print designer with interactive art direction. I am fluent in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. I plan on taking a Dreamweaver class this spring to add to my tool kit.

I am networking with recruiters and friends. I am on Linked In. I search indeed, monster, career builder, etc. All the jobs posted are on site.

Unfortunately, I am not in a financial situation at the moment to set myself up as a 1099.

Any thoughts, ideas, resources?

Thanks in advance!

jmwengal

Asked by jmwengal at 10:17 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Have you looked into jobsharing?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• If you can't find anything else, or for extra income, how about bidding on jobs at http://www.vworker.com/
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 10:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2011