Mommy's boy, daddy's girl, mommy's girl, daddy's boy?

How would you describe the relationship between yourself/SO and your children at least at this stage in their lives?
My 2 year old son is definitely a mama's boy, and I hope he remains so!!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• My oldest daughter with my ex is definitly a daddy's girl and my youngest DD is without a doubt - MY GIRL!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My son has always been my little boy, and still is even though he's older. He's going to be the one to take care of me when I'm even more fragile and enfeebled than I am now. My daughter has always kind of done her own thing.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My 8 year old son is definitely closer to me than he is to dad. But I think that's because I'm home more and we have more in common personality-wise than dh and ds do. My 6 year old girl is the closest thing we have to a daddy's girl. She will sit and snuggle with dad more than she will with me. And my 4 year old girl is quite literally my shadow most days- she is a total mommy's girl!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am very close to both my son and daughter. my dh works out of town and they are very excited and gladdened when he comes home, too.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My oldest is every bit of a daddy's girl...my youngest daughter is definitely a mama's girl.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My son is definitely a Mama's boy, but he is only 20 months old.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• mommy's boy all the way.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Both of my boys are mamma's boy's but that could also be that their dad is not around much.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My 3 year old is a mama's boy for sure! Our baby is still too young to decide.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• All of my kids except my ds who is 6, have been momma's kids.. he loves us both equally. He will hug his dad and tell him he loves him. He will hug me and tell me he loves me daily. I am one too to tell them I love them daily. Nobody told me daily...
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2011