OMG in the vagina???!?!?

Ok I have heard of putting Evening Primrose Oil in your tea or other drinks to start labor, but I just read an article that says to put the gel pill up your VAGINA!! Have you ever heard of this? What is your opinion?

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Induce-Labor-Naturally?&id=707207

Evening Primrose Oil can be very helpful in ripening the cervix due to the Prostaglandins it contains. Evening Primrose Oil is applied by inserting an oil capsule into the vagina. It is extremely important not to use any herbs for inducing labor naturally during the early part of pregnancy, as these can have serious consequences.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 12:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I actually have no idea what they do in the hospitals. This is #1 for me, but I knew about sweeping the membranes
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:27 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i have heard that too i dont think i want to put any thing like that in my vagina sorry.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 12:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• lol no not me either! I just wondered what y'all thought!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• What do you think they do in the hospital, when they need to ripen your cervix? They do the same thing. They insert a gel called PGE2 AND PGF2.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 12:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Or they will sweep your membranes, which is also done vaginally.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 12:24 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I took Evening Primrose Oil, but I took it orally like any other pill. That's what my doc told me to do! I would not have put it up there! Yuck!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 12:27 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• The only thing I tried to get my baby out was sex. I didn't want to do anything else drastic to make him come before he was ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I took it vaginally. It really isn't a big deal. I plan to do it again with this pregnancy starting in a few weeks.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 30, 2008