How much time do you spend at your child's school, what do you do?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 10:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sadly I don't spend any time there. I wish I could and maybe when my little one starts to go to day care I will be able to volunteer there.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I try to go every Monday from about 9:15 to 11:55 when his class is out. I've helped the kids with projects that need supervision and that allows the teacher to focus on the other projects, and I've also done copy runs and a few other errands around school. It's just kindergarten, but I like being involved, and I can see what he's doing. Another class mom does "cooking" with the kids on Fridays. They've made elephant ears, smoothies, lollipops, and a bunch of other stuff. She usually writes down the recipes and copies them to take home too. I think the teacher's got one more weekly volunteer somewhere in the middle of the week too - but she generally does the same things I do.
    sojourner.

Answer by sojourner. at 10:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I used to help out with handing out breakfast trays and setting up the tables for the morning preschoolers but not anymore. Suffering severe morning sickness and nausea for me with this pregnancy. I do miss it though. It definitely helps out the teachers and I get to learn more of the names of the kids in his class.
    tlvalmom

Answer by tlvalmom at 12:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I spend all day every day at my children's school
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Take them, Pick Them or any planned parents reunions...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011