Are you a creative cook??

I am not but really wish I was. I can't for the of me look at some ingredients and say hey if I just add this and this then I will be this. I have staple meals that I cook a couple times a month such as spaghetti, fettuccine and hamburgers.

jnb71584

Asked by jnb71584 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I like to mess around with recipes and make them my own
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I Love to tweak a recipe to suit our family's taste
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I get recipes at www.allrecipes.com. My family and I like this website. My 13 yr old DS likes to go there and choose something to make for dinner. If we like the recipe but it is a little off in flavor, we discuss what we think is missing or needs to be changed. I love that other people can tell me what they added or changed when they made any given recipe.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I love to cook.even when i use recipes I always tweak them and make them my own.I especially like creating soups.Youcan do so much wioth them
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I'm not too creative but have figured out how to take stuff away from or add to a recipe to make it better.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• When the mood hits me, I can be. I've had a few meals where I've been challenged with ingredients as mismatched as you'd see on an episode of Chopped and have pulled odd successes from it. Those end up being 'garbage' nights. (that's pronounced gar-BAH-j ^_~)
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 5:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I never thought I was til I came to this site. So many women are like "I need a recipe and it has to have exact measurements & times & stuff" or "what can I make with these basic ingredients, I need a recipe", etc - shoot, 99% of my cooking is throwing stuff together off the top of my head. I use recipes to bake most of the time, but for cooking, never - I may look a few up here & there but it'sj ust for ideas that I make into my own thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yes, but not as creative as DH!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Don't feel like you have to do something totally off the wall to be creative. Something as simple as using philadelphia cooking cream cheese to mix with your spaghetti sauce would be a hit! Add the cooking cream, cooked sausage (or beef if you like) to your pasta sauce and top the spaghetti. Serve with garlic bread and a tossed salad. Or, I use alfredo sauce on pierogies instead of the traditional red sauce. (My husband is Italian, lol). Try different kinds of marinades on your meat. Cook a vegetable a different way. I posted a question asking if anyone wanted to swap recipes. Come on over! Oh, and I agree-allrecipes.com is an AMAZING site!
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011