Dinner table

My 4 1/2 year old would rather talk at the dinner table then eat. I encourage conversation over dinner, but i am constintly having to remind him to eat his dinner... there are a lot of nights we dont talk because he will just keep going and going and wont remember to eat.. i would like to have conversation at the table, because i think its an important part of the day. I want to know about everyones day and how they are feeling but how can i get him to eat and talk so he isnt the last one left at the table?

dfwhite

Asked by dfwhite at 10:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Make a game of it. Take a bite, share a story. For each bite a person takes, they get to say something fun, or about their day, or whatever. And, it doesn't have to be every bite. You can set a number of bites that have to be eaten to "share" something.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• OMG! its the ony answer i have gotten... but i think its the best one i could get! Thank you!!! i never thought of that!
    dfwhite

Comment by dfwhite (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2011