All boy!...

We just took a little trip to the ER after my son ran into the stairs post full speed after being called for dinner. We took him in thinking he was okay but better be safer than sorry. He had to get a staple in his head. Anyone have a similar experience where they had the "better safe than sorry" idea but it was worse than they thought? If not, share your children's wild moments anyways!

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 12:11 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Oh God! I still beat myself up over last month when I bought my son "The Wave" skateboard and after 2 hours on it he fell, the neighbor girl came and told me and her mom said that her daughter heard a "pop" BUT MY SON LOOKED FINE!!!!!!!!! I did the ol' you're ok son, walk it off lol. He didn't cry, he took a shower and he went to school the next day, I work at his school and during his lunch period I saw his teacher and she said "he won't stop holding his arm"............I took him to emergency and he fractured it in 3 places. : ( I felt like such a horrible mom........
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• When I was 7 years old, I was sledding and tobogganed head-first into a tree. I broke both wrists (one in two places and one in three), but Mom says that I used to be a really bad "cry-baby", so she put me down for a nap and said I'd feel better later. When we ended up in the ER later that night, she felt bad, but she still says it's my fault to this day for being a cry-baby.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2008