Anger Management

Do you have an anger problem? If so how do you manage it. I don't get angry outside of home like I do inside, but when something goes wrong, like say dinner tonight for instance, I feel like my head is going to explode and my chest is goes to crush in on me and I just lose it. I scream and yell and sometimes I punch things (but never people). I know I need to get this under control, but I'm not a big fan of going to say an anger management group because I'm also very self conscious of what others think of me. So on that note, please don't say anything mean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Health

• I internalize a ridiculous amount of rage until I can vent without restraining my language to someone! Usually it is a friend or my LP...and when I blow my cork nothing makes me feel better until I hear how obviously right I am, and how obviously wrong the "offender" is. LOL. And sometimes, on really bad incidents, I have to vent to more than one person so everyone knows how severely I was wronged. I think that is how my mother did it, my friends do it, my sisters do it, etc. I'm sure it is annoying, but we all seem to deal with each other's outbursts because we know how it feels.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:41 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Atleast you see that you have anger issues. You could go to counseling where you are not in a group. Understand that if you are in group counseling, those people are in the same situation you are and there is nothing to be ashamed of. Also, just because you aren't hitting people now, doesn't mean you won't in the future. Your children are seeing your anger and are probably scared of you and it could cause them to think that how you handle anger is acceptable. Please get help NOW.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• if you are willing to admit youmay have an issue then talk to your dr about it... maybe some one on one sessions rather than a group setting would be great for you.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011