High end food: Have you ever eaten stuff like that?

I watch the Cooking Channel and Food Network, and it seems like some of the dishes have crazy combinations, but the people eating it seem to think it's "sooo good"....
I've never eaten like they do....has anyone else? I'd like to eat "high end" sometime and see if it's actually good food lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes, quite often. My husband and I are foodies and we cook at home for friends and family, belong to a group where we take turns hosting meals and we eat out often at places where a meal for 2 can cost $300-$400 (without alcohol added, that's just for food) at least twice a month.
    Anonymous

• I've eaten fancy catered food so many times & been disappointed by it so often I do not mark the quality of food by how expensive or 'chic' it is. A $2 fish fillet from McDonald's can taste just as good as the $23 market-price swordfish at an upscale eatery.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 11:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I love Food Network! I cook from those shows ALL the time! But, I wouldn't consider them "high end". The ones I watch are great for every day cooking. Paula Deen, Rachel Ray, The Neelys, Sandra Lee, and many others. What shows are you watching that you consider "high end"?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Where is your McDonald's? Our fish is really bad.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• With a teenage DS and 2 more coming up behind him, we can't afford to go to places like that. I gett DVDs with Jacque Peppin and Julia Child cooking and giving helpful advice on making different dishes.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• No I havent and have no desire to either.some of the things they cook on those shows look gross
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Ohio ;) It's pretty yummy I think, at least ours always looks like & tastes like the ads make out...but that's besides the point. 'High End' is not the end all of food & taste. I've had very good cheap food & mediocre expensive food.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 11:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I don't spend 400 on a meal but I do support restaurants here that offer unique Pan Asian cuisine or any combination with local ingredients made with fish. Sun choke soup! More than odd food specialties, I love food from different cultures like Greek, Ethiopian, Lebanese, Creole, etc. Although, dinner can run 200 for us with a good bottle of wine.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yup Ive eaten the pricey meals at ultra fancy places. I buy truffles to use in cooking at home to. If I couldnt afford it I wouldnt be buying it. Life is short, enjoy GOOD food whenever you can.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• When I wouldn't touch half the ingredients on their own, I have a hard time believing they would be good together. LOL I am a bit too midwestern to venture too far with my food!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2011