I need help

I have car that I make payments on 340 a month and I need it to get to work I have food stamps and my review is up. I need to report that I put my tax refund on this car. Will they close my case?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• Eek.. probably. Where I'm at if you have a vehicle that is worth anything they make you sell it or forfeit your benefits. Do they have a website for your area with FAQ for you to try and figure it out?
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I dont understand what you mean
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• So basically I would need to take the car back to the dealer?
    Anonymous

• My husband thinks it wont be a problem,he says I need a car to get to work,and they should understand that. I told him I don't think so. I think I may have just screwed myself
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Your county should have a website with information on the human resources department. Sometimes they have a FAQ (frequently asked questions) page that have answers to typical questions. What your asking will probably be posted on that page. Is that better? I'm sorry I have a way with words that sometimes makes it hard for people to get my point.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Not necessarily. When my husband and I were on them we were allowed one family car OR one car for each person in the home who had a job. Hope you don't lose your coverage.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It depends on what their policy is. Here, if you have a vehicle worth more than 1500 you must sell it or they won't give you foodstamps. Every area is different, though.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Aghh I wish I didn't need the darn help. At the same time I have to get to work I go all over the valley. If I have to lose my benefits I 'm afraid I have no choice I need my car. If I back out of the contract on my car will it go on my report?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• They are supposed to give you foodstamps based on what you make before taxes...we had them and asked why they did it that way and they said something about it being a hassle to figure your tax return as part of income...but we are in Ga...i don't know if it is the same everywhere...good luck!
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2011