Juice

My three year old cant drink juice... If and when he does, he gets BAD diarhea! OMG! its bad! so he drinks milk and water.. i tried to water down juice but it doesnt work... Why is this?

dfwhite

Asked by dfwhite at 11:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Some kid's just cant handle it no matter how much you water it down. My kid's couldn't handle it either. They were well over 7 y.o and even then it was 3/4 water.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Something to ask your doctor. It's not necessary for him to drink juice. It's much better to eat the whole fruit instead. Even oj has a lot more sugar and less fiber than if you eat an orange.

My kids rarely drank juice when they were young. My oldest never liked it, which paved the way for not giving it to the other two. Occasionally we'll have some oj, but DH has asked me to not buy because he cannot control himself when its around.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Juice is empty calories. Water is best

Answer by rkoloms at 5:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Your child doesn't have to drink juice. Water is best. Some people just can't handle juice, not a big deal. If you are that worried, talk to the doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I was just thinking that it might be nice for him to have somthing other than milk or water... i know juice isnt healthy if thats all he gets but i think it would be good for him to expience new flavors ya no? it gets boring after a while just having milk and water. thank you all, i will be speaking to the doctor...
    dfwhite

Comment by dfwhite (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011