Match.com, eharmony, etc....when you think of these sites do you think...

Okay, there may be some good people on here. Or do you think, ah, they couldn't find someone so they are on this web site!

Just curious.

Do you think these work?

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 11:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Technology

• I met my SO on okcupid.com. So I have no preconceived notions about the attractiveness or personality of those on any of those sites. Personally, I found it to be a better way to meet someone. It gave my SO and I a chance to really talk and get to know each other before meeting in person. It allowed us to communicate at our convenience, rather than working to figure out a time for both of us to meet and then finding out that we had nothing in common.

I'm sure there are some people on those sites because they couldn't find anyone, just as there are those on there that are there because they can find someone but they want to use the site for whatever reasons.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I know E-Harmony works. I know 6 couples who met and got married from that site.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• My dad almost got scammed by some Nigerian con artist that he met on Match.com. That's the only dating site story I know.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I don't think poorly of people who try online dating. I probably would if I was suddenly single. I have a lot of very pretty, single, smart girlfriends who meet people that way, because you can get to know someone a bit before you meet and they say it exposes them to more people (surrounding areas, etc) than they would get to meet just randomly around our area.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• When I was single I used plentyoffish.com I loved it. It was easy to use and free.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I met my fiance on Plenty Of Fish.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I think dating is all in the numbers, you have to meet quite a few people whether it is through online or otherwise.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Honestly -- (and my experience with it is limited and from a long time ago)... I think "loserville". Just being honest... But the commercials are cute. I just don't trust that a computer can match you to your soul mate.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 12:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• @Shelby: You don't have that on some sites. It is strictly a meet and greet like this one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:46 AM on Apr. 8, 2011