Is it good for baby's to grind there teeth?

is it healthy for baby's to grind there teeth when they are about 8 months &just now getting teeth,

ErinClements23

Asked by ErinClements23 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not healthy for anyone to grind their teeth.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I think babies do it because it is a new feeling for them...if they don't stop after you would think they'd be used to it I would def talk to a Dr. or dentist to see what you can do. I didn't realize I was a tooth grinder until I cracked a tooth from doing it during the night.
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• It's not good to grind your teeth at any age. But kids this age are just discovering new things about their bodies. My son did this for a few weeks or a month but then stopped once he got bored with his teeth. As long as it isn't a long term habit, I wouldn't worry about it.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I agree with the others. It's a new thing. Mine liked to click her teeth together during the day. She still will grind at night though. I'm not super worried at this point (it's not a nightly thing) but if it doesn't stop by the time she starts losing teeth (in another 3 years), I'll definitely be talking to her dentist as a precaution.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 4:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2011