Does anyone know anything about credit repair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I know it's useless to pay a "company" that claims they can help you repair it and stop the creditor calls. YOU can do everything they will charge you and arm and a leg for FREE.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I don't know much about credit and as far as I know I have fairly decent credit but I've heard that things you do that damage your credit basically "fall off" after 7 or so years. So it's important to at least make your monthly minimum payments on your credit cards on time EVERY month. If you can't get a credit card to build credit they have those secured credit cards where you put a certain amount of money on them and can't go over that amount. They are a good way to build credit until you can get a real credit card.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Paying your bills on time each and every month is the best way to repair your credit. It will take a little time, but each month your credit will get better and better.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:37 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• those credit repair places are bogus! They don't do a thing I've done it before and wouldn't do it again it's like throwing ur money in the trash and it's alot of money.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I don't know much about credit repair, but you can start with credit counseling. I work with a wonderful company that has some pretty good services when it comes to debt and money management. If you would like to take a look at the services to see how they can help you, you can take a look at www.15708640118.info (it just shows you all they offer. No obligations) Good luck. Just remember to try and pay your bills on time and gradually, your credit score will increase.
    RMott

Answer by RMott at 6:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2011