April 1st, Atheist Day?

Would you sue over this bumper sticker?

http://atheistexperience.blogspot.com/2008/07/patrick-greene-checks-in.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I think the joke is rather old and tired but would I sue over a bumper sticker. NO that's ridiculous.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Nah. Wouldn't be worth it. My attitude is that EVERY day is Atheist Day!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:55 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It would help to SEE the bumper sticker, just out of curiosity BUT I don't 'sue". WHy sue? Everyone is "sue happy". dumb.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:45 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No. It's free speech, he has no ground to stand on.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 4:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you don't like it don't look!
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 7:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I looked this up. It's a ridiculous idea to sue over the bumper sticker. I agree with a point that the offended is trying to make--it seems out of character for Christians to want to go out of their way to insult Atheists by purchasing a bumper sticker proclaiming April 1st to be National Atheists' Day. I don't know what they think they would accomplish by putting that on their cars, except to pronounce to the world that the driver and occupants of the vehicle are intolerant hypocrites, but it's not something that warrants a lawsuit.

It doesn't show the bumper sticker, but here's a clickable link to a blog about the incident.  You may need to go to whatever TV spot Kirk Cameron haunts to see the product he's peddling.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would not sue over it. It would however give me warning that the owner of the car is one of those christians. Kind of nice to give us all a warning.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Sue? no... I wouldn't sue over an anti Christian or Buddhist bumper sticker either
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Bumper sticker? No, I mean it is just a bumper sticker. It's just a way for someone to express themselves. It would be like me suing someone because they had 666 tattooed on their neck or something. It's their body, car, house, etc. they can do with it what they want.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Which bumper sticker? Your link doesn't go to a bumper sticker.

And no, I wouldn't sue even if it's a really rude sticker, lol.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 6:55 AM on Apr. 6, 2011