Occupying Baby

At 4 weeks old, my daughter is already very alert. She likes to be awake and looking around. The problem is, I'm not sure how to approach playing with her. I want to try getting her to play with me, hoping to help her development along. Any suggestions?

DellaF88

Asked by DellaF88 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just one example would be to read to her. It's great bonding because they love your voice and I've read articles that say communicating with your baby does good for their language skills later.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 12:26 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Sing songs, show her toys, we got this baby moves dvd from fisher price and the bonus material has some pretty good suggestions on helping them develop certain skills. Also check out huggies.com they have pretty good info.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I think the best way is talking to her or singing. Telling her, that's the green green grass. Oh it's a cold day!, and daddy's walking over to us. What is he holding? the kitty--- is going to help yall bond even more than you already have, and she loves hearnig your voice and getting your eye contact...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 1:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• RATTLES
    em9x

Answer by em9x at 9:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2008