Who did you name your child after or what inspired you to name him/her/them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I named my daughter Isobella because of my husband. He really liked the name Bella and the fact that it rhymed with my name. (He likes the cutsy stuff.) But I told him it would have to be short for something since it would be wierd for me to call her Bella, so close to Della. So I named her Isobella so I can call her Issy and he can call her Bella. A compromise, pretty much.
    DellaF88

Answer by DellaF88 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• my son Jacob Robert after his grandpa, my first daughter Emma Grace after husband grandmother and my baby Lauren Faith weasn't after anyone, just a beautiful name
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 1:31 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Maddox Trueman. We wanted something uncommon, different and masculine. The middle name is my grandfather's but he raised me. We were going to go with Keagan but to many people started naming their girls that.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My daughter is Jossalyn Maria. Jossalyn is the name of the main female character in A Knight's Tale. My boyfriend and I were watching it one night (we're Heath fans :P) and I mentioned that I'd always loved that name. He agreed. So we agreed that our first daughter would have that name. Maria is her grandma's name, she died October 2007 from ovarian cancer. They'll never get to know each other, it's sad :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• When I was born (on my grandmother's birthday), my dad told my mom that she could name me whatever she wanted on the birth certificate, but that he was going to call me "Laurie". She named me after Grandma, a name that is very old-fashioned, and everyone called me Laurie for 14 years. At that time, I started using my middle name so I could cash babysitting checks. I always felt bad about changing the name that Dad had chosen, so when my daughter was born I named her Laurie. We still don't know why Dad liked that name (that spelling!) though ~ personally, I think it was his "first". :)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I chose all family names, my father, brothers, hubby, mom and sister...
    Anonymous